Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A job building prisons




Monday

My hands hurting from practice, my fingers looked puckered and some of the tips are cracked and bleeding, I've been playing for several year and this is a new one for me. I worked with band-aids on them but in the band-aids pick up fuzz and smut and looked nasty quickly. "Hi, I'm Dirty McBumHands, I will be assisting you with you PC issues today." Worked on the Documentation template a little more and did a lot of support stuff. When to a Telecommuter P&P meeting. Ate lunch in the break room with the usual folks.

I downloaded the new Nine Iche Nails album, Ghosts, It was released under the creative commons license and the band posted it to Piratebay.org themselves. It was about 9 short songs all instrumental and repetitive. The songs pretty random and sound like song/riff-ideas that never really matured. I bet a lot of people will be remixed on the songs. I can picture some middle school goth kids doing some pretentious spoken-word stuff over them on youtube.

When to practice, Phillip was late. Scott and i guessed he would say "I'm Tired" 7 time and "I want to go home" 3 times. The actual Scott was 11 "tireds" and 1 "go-home". Where is the "i-am-going-to-hurt-you-with-this-music" intensity? the guys liked the Cheesy Bio I sent the from Google docs. We have a gig at a place called the sound vent in Lincoln Saturday. Scott worked on the lyrics for the "Islam part" on the full circle song and we playing it again and again.

A cool named Chuck from a metal band at the space called "The Darkest Sea" hung out for a while and talked about the band breaking up for a few months while he is in Florida working a job building prisons. Man, building prisons for a living, that sounds so depressing. That is too much like a setup for a twilight zone episode, getting locked up in a cell that you helped build. it would be like having kids!

No comments:

bgryderclock micro-blog